Crockpot Candied Pecans
- 4 cups Pecans
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 Egg white
- 2 tsps Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Water
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
1. In a large bowl, mix together sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In a separate, bowl whisk together egg white and vanilla until it becomes a little frothy.
3. Place pecans into a slow cooker prepared with butter-flavored cooking spray. (I used a 4.5 qt crockpot for this single batch). Pour egg white mixture over pecans and stir until nuts are evenly coated.
4. Next sprinkle cinnamon sugar over pecans, and stir until nuts are all coated well with sugar. Cook covered on LOW for 3 hours, stirring every 20 minutes. When 20 minutes are left, pour 1/4 cup of water into the crockpot and stir. This will make the outer shell nice and crunchy.