Cherry Chip Cheese Ball or Dip
- 8 ozs Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 ozs Unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Meadery of the Rockies Cherries n' Honey Wine
- 1/4 cup Maraschino cherries, drained and chopped (or dried cherries)
- 1 cup Mini chocolate chips
1. Pour the wine in a small mixing bowl, then add the cherries, allowing them to marinate for a couple of hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese and butter until combined.
3. Drain and reserve the wine from the cherries. Add 1⁄4 cup of the wine and the powdered sugar to the cream cheese and butter mixture. Mix well.
4. Fold in the maraschino cherries.
5. If you are making a dip to serve immediately, add all the chocolate chips, mix, and serve.
6. If you are making a cheese ball, add 1⁄2 cup of the mini chocolate chips, then line the sides of a nicely rounded bowl with plastic wrap. Pour in the cherry cream cheese mixture, and bring the sides of the plastic wrap to the top to cover the top of the cheese ball mixture.
7. Refrigerate overnight.
8. When ready to serve, invert bowl and press remaining 1⁄2 cup of the mini chips to the sides of the cheese ball.
9. Serve with chocolate graham crackers or chocolate teddy-bear shaped graham cracker cookies.