Winery Tasting Room Associate
Talon Wine Brands produces and markets a broad range of wines across several brands, all made in Palisade, at the heart of Colorado's Fruit and Wine Country. Our 3 brands are Meadery of the Rockies, Talon Winery and St. Kathryn Cellars. We pride ourselves on making great, award-winning, unique and popular wines. We are seeking part-time, seasonal Tasting Room Associates to help during our busy travel season, April-October. The successful candidates will be positive, warm, outgoing people who love to connect with, educate, entertain & sell to the public.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide exceptional customer service -- Understand and satisfy customer wants & needs.
- Promote and sell our wines, gifts, fudge & Wine Club.
- Educate consumers about wine in general and our products specifically.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and organization in tasting room and facilities.
- Stock and merchandize product displays
Requirements -- Successful Candidates must be:
- At least 21 years of age
- Able to work 8 hour shifts on your feet with limited breaks
- Able to lift 40 lbs occasionally throughout the shift
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends & holidays
- Passionate about connecting with and serving people
- A positive, solution-oriented person with high integrity
- Self-motivated & self-accountable
- An Effective Communicator
Preferred Skills and/or Experience:
- Retail and/or Hospitality experience
- Wine Enthusiast
- Wine or alcohol beverage sales
- Familiarity with Computers
- Have fun while working, learning and gaining valuable experience
- Professional training & development opportunitities
- Discounts on wine, fudge, foods and gifts
Compensation at Talon Wine Brands is competitive. Starting wages for this position range from $10-11 per hour, depending on skills, experience and future potential with the company. Commissions & Paid Time Off also offered.